Social Media and Public Relations Manager
Social Media and PR Manager
The Social Media and Public Relations Manager position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated, highly attentive to detail, communicative, organized, and savvy about the internet and social media. Working directly with our account, creative and media teams and upper management, the Social Media and Public Relations Manager will define, track, and meet goals, and aid in important marketing and budgeting decisions. Using a strategic approach and tools such as Facebook Business Manager and Google Analytics, she/he will delve into the data and explain it in plain terms to clients, partners, and colleagues.
The ideal candidate has very strong writing and social skills, is organized and detail oriented, is eager to learn and take on new responsibilities, and feels confident working independently, multitasking and problem solving. Daily duties will include content creation, social media management, analytics reporting, and creative campaign development. Candidates should have at least five years of professional experience in social media and public relations, preferably in an agency setting.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Defining social media strategy (paid, organic, and social influencer) and making recommendations for client accounts across a variety of industries, identifying target audiences, and collaborating on brand messaging.
- Managing and directing a social media team, made up of account coordinators and interns.
- Taking a lead role in new business outreach, development, pitching and proposal writing.
- Develop creative briefs and collaborate on projects with the in-house creative team; concepting and directing social media campaigns to deliver actionable and measurable results.
- Overseeing and managing the process of content creation, department management, social scheduling, community management, analytics and optimization strategies, and executing deliverables across social platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Tik Tok.
- Ideating creative PR strategies and stories; drafting/editing copy for press materials such as media pitches, press releases and media kits; coordinating media training sessions and press interviews, compiling and delivering reports on earned media value and coverage.
- Staying in-tune with the always-evolving industry best practices, software systems, data analysis tools, algorithmic updates, etc.
- Planning, coordinating and executing strategic and creative social influencer campaigns at both the national and local levels.
- Concepting, building and monitoring paid social media ads, staying on top of constantly-changing targeting layers and optimization strategies to appropriately make recommendations on the fly (experience with Facebook Custom Audiences and Custom Conversions preferred).
- Developing and reviewing comprehensive and detailed campaign performance reports that track individual client goals including ROI, reach, impressions, engagement, web traffic, video completion rates, click-through rates (CTR) and purchases using Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics, then explaining it to clients in easy-to-understand terms.
- Working with outside vendors and freelancers on an array of projects.
- Minimum five years of related professional experience, with an emphasis on social media strategy, digital marketing, and traditional public relations
- Strong understanding of Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager suite (including Events Manager and Ads Manager), and social scheduling tools (Sprout Social)
- Impressive writing skills, ability to match various different tones, and a mastery of proper grammar and AP Style
- Familiarity with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- An eye for excellent design; skills in Adobe Creative Suite are a plus, including Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- A strong communicator that can speak confidently and concisely, possesses a diligent work ethic, is able to quickly make decisions, is highly attentive to detail, has an insightfulness towards others’ feelings and motivations, and an insatiable desire to learn and excel (with little supervision)
Please respond with your resume (and sample PDF or portfolio link, if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.